iTunes Shortcode is a WordPress Plugin, which allows you present always actual information about iTunes Store products (in this version Mac and iOS App Store apps, more media types coming soon) in a simple and elegant way and earn money in the iTunes Affiliate Program.
The plugin offer three ways to present data:
Large box (default)
ideal for placement at the end of app review:
Clickable app name with price
great to create a list of apps:
- Anomaly Warzone Earth HD [$3.99]
- Anomaly Korea [$3.99]
- Anomaly 2 [$4.99]
- three ways of presenting data
- iTunes Affiliate Program support (PHG)
- showing information about price reductions
- QR codes
- custom CSS
- ready for translation (.po files)
- data caching (reducing the number of connections to iTunes lookup)
- support for soft-launched apps (when it is available only in selected countries)
- showing the app description and screenshots gallery
- support for another iTunes media types (ebook from iBookstore first)
Clickable app price
always up to date, to be placed anywhere in the text:
You can download this app for $3.99.
Our plugin has also one great advantage – it shows, when the app is available at a discounted price! Look:
This is possible, because the plugin stores data about apps and refreshes them in the time interval set by you. It also helps to reduce the number of queries to the Apples servers.
QR codes are an awesome method to quick open any link on your smartphone. Why not use it to conveniently download iOS apps directly on the iPhone, when we read about them on the desktop?
Just scan and enjoy – it so easy!
We tried to make our plugin the most universal and independent of the used template in information presenting. Of course, this is not always possible and sometimes a minor appearance changing may be necessary (like font size, button colors etc.). You can do it in the settings page, adding your own CSS rules.
If you have any suggestions or ideas for additiotal functionality, post a comment.